It’s a popular misperception that air conditioners should always run in the scorching heat. But, it is not entirely realistic or even possible for various reasons. Keep reading to find out more about it and air conditioning repair in Vaughan.
How Long Should an Air Conditioner Run When we Are at Home?
We understand your desire to avoid the heat. Still, you must be rational about how long you should leave your air conditioner running to prevent premature wear and tear or increase your monthly electricity bill. If you live in a mild climate, the conventional guideline is that your air conditioner should operate for 15 to 20 minutes. This is the optimal run time for keeping your entire house cool and comfortable. Other elements that might affect the duration of your air conditioner’s operation include:
- Outside temperature: In warmer climates, air conditioners should be turned on for 15 to 20 minutes. This is so that your home’s temperature can be reduced. If the outdoor temperature is higher, it will take much longer.
- Thermostat temperature: If the thermostat is set to a lower temperature, your air conditioner will take considerably longer to cool the house. Lower the temperature on your thermostat, the longer it will take to cool down your home.
- The air conditioner condition: If your air conditioner is in good working order, cooling your home to the temperature you desire will be much easier. The parts that control your unit’s cooling, on the other hand, will age and the filters will become clogged with debris and dirt if you don’t take adequate care of them. As a result, it will take considerably longer for your house to cool down, putting much more strain and wear on the overall system.
- Size of air conditioner: The size of an air conditioner is important. Before buying a new air conditioner for your house, be sure it’s the proper size. For example, if the unit is too large, it will not be able to run for an extended period. If the unit is small, it will keep running since it cannot cool the home quickly enough.
- Insulation quality of your Home: All-year-round insulation is another essential element that helps your home stay cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Without appropriate insulation, your air conditioning system will run longer as your home will lose more of the cool air. It will take a lot longer for your house to cool, thus putting more strain on your system and eventually raising your utility bills.
Keep up With Air Conditioning Service in Mississauga.
Don’t overlook a malfunctioning air conditioner. Call on the specialists at Martino HVAC to provide quick and simple maintenance services for your air conditioning system. Our staff can detect and repair simple issues such as a blocked filter or dirty coils, which can go unnoticed and create significant damage over time. Because AC compressors are installed frequently outside the home, dirt and dust can build up and cause damage. As a result, they must be cleaned and serviced more often.
You can rely on our effective workforce to keep your air conditioning system running smoothly. We provide a clear and comprehensive service to help you extend the life of your appliances. Martino HVAC specialists provide high-quality HVAC inspection and maintenance services.