Duct Cleaning and Maintenance Benefits
The average home will generate about 40 pounds of dust per year. This dust is accumulation dirt, dead skin cells, pet dander, pollen, mildew and mould, chemicals and other small particles. Much of the dust your home generates ends up in the air ducts and is pumped back into the home along with cool or warm air that comes through the vents. To prevent these particles from being circulated and re-circulated through your home, you should invest in routine air duct cleaning and maintenance.
What are the main benefits of duct cleaning and maintenance?
When you regularly clean your air ducts, you will see many benefits. Here are the top six:
- Reduce the level of dirt and debris: Having a build up of dust in your air ducts is completely normal. If you find that you are always cleaning but the dust seems to keep coming back, it might be time for you to call an HVAC contractor to have your air ducts cleaned. You will notice a significant decline in the amount of dust there is in your home.
- Prevent infestation: Not only do dirty ducts cause there to be more dust in your home, but they also create a comfortable place for rodents and insects to hide. When your ducts are cleaned regularly you will find that you have fewer unwelcomed guests.
- Manage symptoms of allergies and asthma: If you have allergies or suffer from asthma or other breathing issues, dirty ducts could exasperate the issue by circulating air that is polluted with pollen, pet dander and other particles that trigger those health conditions. Having clean air ducts will help you to better manage your allergies and breathing issues and spend less on doctor bills and medication.
- Reduce toxin levels: The humid conditions that are found in air ducts can help to accelerate the growth of mould, mildew, bacteria and germs. If you wait too long to have your air ducts cleaned, they may become so infested with these organisms that your only option is to replace the ducts to prevent the further circulation of harmful toxins. When you regularly clean and maintain your ductwork, you might be able to avoid pricey replacements while improving the air quality in your home.
- Prolong the life of your HVAC system: When your ductwork system is very dirty, it must work much harder to push air through the ducts and keep it circulating. This puts unnecessary strain on your cooling or heating system and may cause it to break down sooner. Regular cleaning and maintenance can help your HVAC system to last longer.
- Save on monthly electricity bills: The harder your HVAC system must work, the more energy it will use. When you clean your ducts and the system no longer needs to work harder to cool or warm your home, you will see savings on your electricity bills.
- Keep your home safe: Dirty ducts make it more likely for your home to catch fire. This risk is especially high for older HVAC systems such as furnaces, stoves, fireplaces and portable heating units that use propane or other fuels to run. To lower the risk of fire, regularly invest in cleaning and maintaining your ducts.
Do you need Toronto duct cleaning and maintenance services?
If you need have your air ducts cleaned in Toronto, give us a call at Martino HVAC. At Martino HVAC, we will ensure that your air ducts are free of dust and in good working condition. We also offer duct sealing services using a patented breakthrough technology that tackles duct leaks from the inside out. The process puts escaping air under pressure and causes polymer particles to stick first to the edges of a leak, then to each other until the leak is completely sealed.